ImpactAimers envisions a future where young people follow their unique purpose to co-create a better world.
ImpactAimers inspires, connects and empowers a new generation of social entrepreneurs who will leave the youth camp with a renewed sense of hope for and confidence in their own contribution to society. Participants will benefit from an open and emergent structure to the camp where the development of affective, cognitive and functional competences is facilitated through different kinds of workshops and activities.
- Identify the current and future challenges society faces.
- Understand the key opportunities offered by the fields of social entrepreneurship, social innovation, and changemaking to addressed the identified challenges.
- Learn the importance of essential mindsets and skillsets for being an effective changemaker.
- Commitment to their unique purpose as a changemaker.
- Resilience to bounce back from any setback and carry on with their work.
- Compassion to improve their relationships with themselves and others.
- Map the issue they care about.
- Design strategies to tackle the issue.
- Collaborate with others to co-create change.
The core values of the ImpactAimers youth camp are:
- Personalised: We support each participant in discovering their unique purpose and identifying the best path towards becoming a changemaker.
- Appreciation: We value and celebrate the unique contribution of each participant, without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, gender, creed, national origin, marital status, disability, or sexual orientation.
- Openness: We believe that change does not happen in isolation so we encourage a safe environment where sharing of ideas and skills can thrive.
- Transparency: We are a collaboration platform by social entrepreneurs for social entrepreneurs and all of our resources are used to design, implement, and deliver the ImpactAimers youth camp.
- Adaptive: We listen to the participants’ feedback to improve our work and respond to their needs.
“Regardless of where we come from, regardless of our differences, we share the same purpose to make positive change for humanity and the Earth.” – Hakima, Algiers 2016
“ImpactAimers helped me to make a change, starting from myself. I have become more sociable, confident and courageous and I am now sure that the chain of change starts from changing ourselves.” – Mohammed, Algiers 2016
“I learned that motivation, hard work and commitment are the tools social entrepreneurs have to create positive impact.” – Amira, Algiers 2016
“By being honest with myself during the workshops, I discovered the powerful impact of love in my life, something I had underestimated until then.” – Ikram, Algiers 2016